Monday, November 8, 2010

[how to gain an hour everyday]

ok, I admit it - I overslept today. Somehow with the time change and a power outage over the weekend, I didn't set the alarm correctly. Which meant I got to sleep in for an extra hour, but also a precious hour was gone from my day. Each day I try to squeeze in more time wherever possible - multitasking or getting up early.

One of my most recent finds has helped me get back a few hours a couple days a week. Scratch Kitchen, a family owned and operated gourmet food business based in Ottawa. A great alternative to cooking. I'm all about home cooked meals, and using healthy ingredients, but lately I just don't have the time after work to cook. Scratch Kitchen uses fresh, natural ingredients to prepare frozen meals in family and single portions. The best part is that they offer free delivery. Our favourites so far are the shephard's pie (beef, chicken or turkey versions) and the pot roast.

oh, and the packaging is nicely designed to boot. Designed by Grace Poon, who created their full brand identity. I'm always happy to open one of these after a hectic day.

No comments:

Post a Comment