Monday, November 15, 2010

[getting the story done]

When I started my non-fiction writing class I started writing my first story. The writing class is over, and the story is still in progress. This week I'm going to get it done - I swear - and send it for submission to be published.

The general story idea is that being a stay at home mom taught me some of the most valuable job skills I've gained to date. Here's an excerpt from what I've gotten done so far:
"My job as a baby assistant demanded that I was on call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I didn't get vacation or sick leave. I was never interviewed for the job, and there was no orientation session. It had a very steep learning curve, and I'll admit there were a few times I almost cracked under the pressure."

My professor gave me some great feedback, and I'm going to incorporate it into what I've already got, and add some more over the next few days. 
I will get it done.
This week!

No comments:

Post a Comment