Saturday, November 6, 2010

[friday feast and the beginning of the holiday season]

Last night we had friends over for dinner. It's been a while since we've hosted a meal. Things just seem to get so busy once you've got a baby. Since I started working again it seems like we're just so busy trying to make it through each day. It's been too long since we got to spend time with friends and be 'adults' again. So I decided it's time to start having people over, and what great timing since it's the start of the holiday season! Well at least I think it's the start... maybe not my husband. At least the shopping malls agree with me that it's officially Christmas time.

The night was lots of fun but also a lot of work. As my husband said 'well now we know why people with kids stop hosting dinners!' Jack was getting into everything while we were trying to prep the food and clean the house. And trying to put him to bed at 8pm, right in the middle of dinner time, meant that the potatoes got a bit cold before they made it to the table. But the meal turned out great. I tried a recipe from the most recent Food & Drink magazine, Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin with Apples & Sage. Mmm... it was tender and delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment